Share With Facebook

Friday, February 25, 2011

Enjoying Your Stay in Los Angeles or Anywhere

Going to be staying in California for vacation, maybe enjoying the illustrious Los Angeles tourist sites, or perhaps just relaxing on the beach? Whether you are vacationing in the Hollywood hills or anywhere for that matter, here are some great tips for making the most of your stay:

1. Choose a private holiday accommodation.
Skip the expensive and isolated hotels, and opt for a nice bed & breakfast or a luxurious holiday rental unit instead. Many rental homes are very affordable, clean, and are private. These are private properties that are available for travelers-- and they usually have better and more amenities (and are cleaner). SO instead of forking out the big bucks for the expensive chain hotel room, take a peek at rentals in Beverly Hills for a more enjoyable stay.

2. Research using the Internet.
Many cities offer free online guides, travel packages, and other resources on the Internet. You can contact a travel agency for information, or go to your local library and take a peek at some of the travel almanacs on the shelves. Reputable websites, such as Travel & Leisure, have some great articles on destinations, including this slick page about Los Angeles travel.

3. Pre-plan your itinerary, but leave time and money for impulsive moments.
I find I waste less time and money when I have a scheduled, pre-set travel plan, but I know that I am rather impulsive when it comes to new places. So I try to insert a couple of hours for what I call "travel exploration." This may be visiting a museum that I had not previously known about, or strolling through a bazaar, or even stopping to see kids competing on roller blades at some LA skating park. :)

4. Mingle with the locals.
I love to do this. I like to really get a feel for the surroundings. You can skip the national-chain restaurants and select a local restaurant, or visit a park, or just take a walk. I think one of the best parts of travel is learning more about the area one travels! I don't like to be isolated in the Big Travel Chain Stores bubble. Live a little. ;)

Hopefully, these tips help you make the most out of any vacation! Save the money, go local, and enjoy the ride. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment