Share With Facebook

Friday, February 25, 2011

Got Any Car Recommendations?

My eyes are swimming. :-p I need a new car, and I really don't know what to get. For the first time in 17 years, I'm NOT getting another Dodge Caravan! No! I'm tired of them! And I'm tired of replacing the transmissions. Yikes.

I'm in the market for a nice, mid-sized (used) sedan. Something that the kids and I can travel comfortably in. Oh I'd just LOVE to get an RV, you know-- my dad had one. He loaded the thing with the best RV accessories (even a plasma TV!). They were nice, very nice. But it's a teeny-tiny bit beyond my budget. I think they run for, what, $150,000. All I could afford would be the caravan water tank. Plus, I don't think I could drive the monster-- the Hubs would have to take on that task.

So I'm into cars right now. We looked at a '07 Chevy Malibu, but I read that they have power steering problems. I know that every car has SOMETHING, some kind of problem... but I don't want to deal with steering problems.

Hey you car guys-- got any suggestions?? I've heard good things about the Hyundai Sonata... and the Toyota Prius.... but I don't know what else. I'm willing to go with a compact SUV if I have to. But I have four tall teens who need their leg room. So as much as I would love to get a zippy compact car again, I don't think they would tolerate it.

Here's what I'm looking for:

1. Roomy interior

2. Pretty good gas mileage (I only got 19mpg with the minivan on good days, so anything better than that is good!)

3. I don't care about resale value

4. I don't care about amenities like fins or radios or a valet that pops out of the glove box and serves me coffee (that's what I have kids for, lol)

5. No older than 2006.

Got any ideas, recommendations, cars to avoid? I'm all ears!!!! Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment